Your story is important and unique – just like you.
LELA (Life, Education, Literacy, Arts) House offers virtual coaching and writing services for Christian women ready to write their stories and transform their lives.
Who isn’t moved by a good story?
Stories are how we understand the world and make meaning. Stories are powerful and world changing. They transform us when we write them, and they change the world when we share them.
Your story is the same.
Your story reveals who you are and how you became the wonderfully unique individual you are. You can also direct your story in the future. You won’t know what possibilities reside inside you until you explore and write your story.
LELA stands for Life, Education, Literacy, Arts, and LELA House is where women write about our lives, education, literacy, and art.
The goal of LELA House is to help you become who God created you to be, by working through the LELA House themes: Learn Your Unique Design, Become Critically Engaged, and Transform Community. To learn your unique design is to realize who you are in God. To become critically engaged is to dive into your creativity and passions while working on your habits, skills, and mindsets that will unleash your writing power. To transform community is to discover and do the transformative writing God has called you to do.
Whether your call to writing and transformation is to explore the facets of yourself, finally write your book, finish your dissertation, start your blog, or transcribe your stories, LELA House is here to support you through through 4 unique services.
Are you a Christian woman seeking life transformation, and you believe writing is a tool for that transformation? If yes, then LELA Coaching is for you. You will explore your potential and rewrite your life story through journaling prompts focused on various aspects of your life, education, literacy, and creativity AND through personalized 1:1 coaching sessions.
Ready to learn more? Book a complimentary 30-minute breakthrough session with Roshaunda!
Sistahs on the Doctoral Journey
Are you a black woman working on your doctorate, and you need some support? If yes, then Sistahs on the Doctoral Journey is for you. In this community of like-minded, strong, black women you will grow through group events, masterminds groups, and personalized 1:1 life coaching and writing coaching. This is just the support you need.
Ready to learn more? Click below to check out what the SDJ community offers!
Birth That Book!
Are you a Christian woman writing a nonfiction book, and you’re not sure how to move your writing forward? If yes, then personalized book coaching is the support you need to reach your writing goals.
More information coming soon!
Are you a Christian woman seeking to transcribe your life story audio – such as sermons, podcasts, spoken word, interviews, or speeches? If yes, then Modern Amanuensis transcription services are for you.
More information coming soon!
You, yes, you, have an important story to write. God has worked in your life in myriad ways to get you to where you are right now, and He has even more in store for you. Writing your story can help you uncover your next chapter.
Maybe you feel like your story isn’t important, that it’s too small, or that it’s not worth writing. Maybe you don’t feel like you’re a good writer. Maybe you feel like you can’t make the time to write your story, because you’re so busy living your life you don’t have the time to write about it.
Well, to that I say:
- You don’t have to be famous or feel special to have a story to write. You just need to be yourself, because your experiences are worthwhile and enough.
- You don’t have to be a good writer to tell your story. You just need life experiences to share. Writing is a skill that you can learn and improve.
- You don’t have time not to tell your story. Stories are one of the quickest ways to capture attention and change hearts, even yours. Time invested in honing your stories is an investment in shortening the time to get from where you are to your transformation goal.
Tell your story. Transform your community.
Stories have been around forever, so they’re not new, but using them as tools to effect change isn’t always applied in our modern, data-driven lives. Our fast-paced society collects and shares a lot of data, but it doesn’t always share stories. And stories are where we share our humanity and reach each other’s hearts. That’s where change takes place. Once we’ve reached people’s hearts, their actions will follow. Stories transform the world, one reader at a time.
I serve women, just like you, by helping you tell the stories that often go unrecognized. You will find freedom in writing your stories. Through writing your stories, you can wrest back control of things that have made you feel powerless, frame your own narratives in your own voice, and create a future for yourself by (re)writing your past. This is transformative work.
God created you with a purpose; He has a plan for you that is beyond what you can ask or think. At LELA House, you can become who God created you to be through coaching & courses designed to help you discover your unique design, become critically engaged, and transform community.
What people are saying about working with Roshaunda.
Upon my first coaching session with Dr. Roshaunda Cade, my confidence and my attitude were positively altered, and God gave me peace during my coaching sessions with her. She has a way of inspiring, highlighting and thought-provokingly guiding you to recognize your writing strengths and weaknesses simultaneously.RaShawn Johnson – Reading Specialist
Roshaunda was a ray of light. She treated everyone as if they were the most important person on the team and and considered problems as opportunities for growth and development. She led from the front, never considering any task too menial for her to complete. She is the type of leader I aspire to become, both professionally and personally.Robin Evans – Writing Center Faculty
I was trying to figure out the career that’s right for me. Through Dr. Roshaunda Cade’s coaching, I was able to determine the career I would like to pursue. Dr. Cade is highly-knowledgable, upbeat, supportive, and always has some words of encouragement. I am forever grateful for the coaching/guidance she provided me.Auriel C. – Health and Wellness Coach
But who is Roshaunda?
I’m Roshaunda D. Cade, Ph.D. – a life coach and writing coach for women ready to write (and rewrite) their stories!
I’ve learned from 20+ years of teaching writing that writers need coaches who can help them navigate their lives, habits, and limited beliefs as much as they need help with the technical aspects of writing. So now I provide wrap-around support to my clients.
I hold a bachelors, masters, and doctorate in English. I’ve worked in many aspects of education including residential life, multicultural affairs, student affairs, writing centers, academic resources, faculty development, instruction, and as a plagiarism czar and high school teacher. I’m a life coach and a writing coach. I love stories and helping people discover and tell theirs, and I believe God created every individual with a unique design to transform the world.
And why would you want to work with me?
- I am you – I’ve struggled with writing; I’ve struggled with answering a call; I’ve struggled with baring my soul on a plan page.
- I believe in your message.
- I believe in your ability.
- I recognize writing issues go way beyond writing and into thoughts and beliefs.
- I am credentialed and experienced in both writing and coaching.
- I can demonstrate how to fit writing into your busy life.
- I believe your authentic voice can and should shine in your writing.
- I believe the world needs what you have to say.
- I believe there is space for you and and your writing, even if you must carve it out for yourself.
- I believe writing is transformational work, both for the writer and for the readers, and has the power to reshape individuals and entire societies.
- I believe people desire to understand and feel understood, and writing is a powerful way to do that.
- I help you recognize what’s great about your writing as well as your unique writing challenges.
- I help you learn the skills, mindsets, and habits to blast through your writing challenges and gain confidence and courage in your writing and your life.
- I’m committed to supporting you as you discover your unique design, become critically engaged in your craft of writing, and transform yourself and the world through your God-given message.
- I offer a unique framework for idea generation and organization.
- I understand you navigate through the writing process in your own unique way.
- I’m excited to celebrate you on each part of your journey.
- I will pray with you and for you.
- I believe you are worthy of support.
- I believe God called you to this work for such a time as this.
- I believe in divine appointments, not coincidence. God brought you to this place at this time for His purpose.
Want to learn a little more about me and what I do? Check out the videos below!
If this transformational possibility resonates with your spirit, then you’re ready to make LELA House home and discover how I can serve you.
Sign up for LELA House emails and receive a FREE Coaching Exploration Conversation with me to discuss how to jumpstart your writing journey.
LELA House offers life writing coaching for women ready to write their life stories.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in partnering with Roshaunda, click to join her email list and receive a free 30-minute 1:1 coaching session.
Ephesians 2:10 (CEV)
10 God planned for us to do good things and to live as he has always wanted us to live. That’s why he sent Christ to make us what we are.