Yesterday my pastor preached from Joshua 1:7-8, and this morning Joshua 1:9 was my devotional scripture. I know something is up when God meets me multiple days in a row with the same scripture passage. And I thought He might need you to read it, too.
So today’s journal prompt is Joshua 1:7-9
7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do. 8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
In your journal today, write the following questions and phrases to God, and write how you hear Him responding.
- Lord, what do You have on the horizon that I need to be strong and courageous?
- Help me to obey Your guidance.
- Teach me how to study and meditate on Your word.
- Help me not be afraid or discouraged.
- Where are You taking me?
- Thank You for being with me wherever I go.
- Prepare me for the places You have prepared for me.
And add your own questions and phrases. The above suggestions are simply a starting point. Let God lead you where He needs you to be in your journaling for today.