To maintain a new habit, you should find some ways to reinforce that habit. Here are some tips to reinforce your reading and journaling habit.
- Track your progress on Good Reads
- YouVersion bible app tracks streaks.
- Penzu tracks streaks.
- Dedicated writing apparatus (physical journal, Penzu, etc.).
- Track your progress on a calendar or an app. Crossing off days or seeing days in row makes you not want to break your streak.
- Set it as a daily task on your phone to get reminded and complete.
- Time (carve out a similar time each day to read and journal, set a reminder on your phone, tell your friends and loved ones, have an action/ritual that reminds you to journal – ie: you put your keys away then you go journal).
- Commit (1x per day, 1x per week, whatever, as long as you commit).
- Write – write down your commitment, your dedicated apparatus, your time, and your support tribe.
And that’s it. We’ve spent the past 27 days thinking about why and how educators can incorporate reading and journaling as self care habits. Thanks for joining me. I hope you found it helpful.
How have you committed to self care?